Our next Alpha course starts in 2013. Please contact us for details!
What is Alpha – practically?
Practically, Alpha is a course that covers the basics of Christianity. It answers questions like: Who is Jesus?, and Why did he die?
The Alpha course usually lasts 10 weeks, with a day or weekend getaway in the middle. Each week, guests gather for about two hours. They share an informal meal, sing a few songs, listen to a talk on how Christianity approaches the question at hand, then gather into small groups for discussion. The talks each week act as a springboard for small group discussions.
Alpha guests explore Christianity in a relaxed, welcoming and engaging atmosphere. Each session explores a particular question:
- Is there more to life than this?
- Who is Jesus?
- Why did Jesus die?
- How can I be sure of my faith?
- Why and how do I pray?
- Why and how should I read the Bible?
- How does God guide us?
- How can I resist evil?
- Why and how should we tell others?
- Does God heal today?
- What about the Church?
- Who Is the Holy Spirit?
- What Does the Holy Spirit Do?
- How Can I Be Filled with the Spirit?
- How Can I Make the Most of the Rest of My Life?